“I can’t believe you are <- insert age here… You look so young.”
“Oh my gosh thank you! You are so kind!”
Now, is this compliment because of good genes, or because you’ve been using eye cream since you were 17? I can not stress enough how important moisturizing is to your skins health! Hydration is what allows your skin to function at its peak performance. Skin cells, when properly hydrated, can quickly repair themselves and turn over fresh cells. Helllooo mega anti-aging! We ALL want to keep those wrinkles at bay for as long as possible. There are several different skin type categories;
- normal skin (not too dry, not too oily, no severe sensitivities, barely visible pores, few to no imperfections)
- oily skin (enlarged pores, dull or shiny thick complexion, blackheads, pimples or other blemishes)
- combination skin (can be dry or normal in some areas and oily in others, i.e. T-zone: forehead nose and chin, overly dilated pores, blackheads and shiny skin)
- sensitive skin (you can be sensitive to any number of triggers, so finding what to avoid is basically trial and error. You may experience redness, itching, burning and or dryness)
- dry skin (almost invisible pores, dull rough complexion, red patches, less elasticity, more visible lines, skin can crack, peel, become itchy & irritated or inflamed)
- ageing skin (wrinkles, sagging skin, thinning skin, paler, pigment spots, age spots, sun damage)
If you are unsure of which category you fall under, go take a good loooong look in the mirror and study, study, study! Buying the right cream for your skin type is more than half the battle!
When you have a well taken care of canvas, anything you put on it will look and feel amazing. Your spray tan will look and feel amazing. Bonus; your spray tan will last as long as possible when your canvas, aka skin, is well hydrated and moisturized. DO moisturize your body and face daily. DO drink your minimum 8 glasses of water daily. DO NOT skip either steps. Doing so will only hurt you in the long run.