- Exfoliate 24 hours prior to your session. Do not exfoliate the day of your appointment as the product can cause a barrier effecting the outcome of your tan. Exfoliation is so important as the skin will be an even canvas + help your tan last longer.
- Shaving or waxing at least 24 hours before your session. Shaving right before will cause streaking on your legs.
- Get your mani + pedis the day before your appointment. The massage oils will cause a problem with the tan.
- Oils, perfumes, lotions + deodorant will affect the development of your tan. Avoid using these products on the day of your appointment.
- Many soaps, hair shampoos + conditioners and shower products leave an invisible film on the skin. Avoid showering the day of your appointment. Along with product film, it hydrates your skin; this means that not all of the solution will be absorbed resulting in a lighter color.
- Wear loose fitting, dark clothing to your tan.
Good: sundress, loose joggers/sweat pants, loose t-shirt/tank top, loose shorts, flip flops, baggy sweatshirt
Bad: leggings, jeggings, yoga pants, tight clothing (top or bottom), spandex clothing (top or bottom)
- Keep yourself cool and dry until it is time for your rinse shower. The solution stays on for 8-12 hours after your session. DO NOT GET WET until it is time to rinse. Water will ruin your developing tan.
- After 8-12 hours, rinse off in the shower with water only (no soap). Make sure to rinse until the water runs clear.
- Do not rub your skin with a towel. Instead pat dry.
- To keep your tan as long as possible ensure you are applying moisture twice per day.
How to keep your Liv Bella tan looking great:
- Avoid waxing
- Hot tubs will remove your tan
- Avoid long + hot showers or soaking in the bath
- When working out make sure you dab sweat away, do not wipe hard
- Swimming pools, steam rooms, saunas will all shorten the life of your tan
- Do not use bar soaps (especially Dove)
- Make sure you moisturize 2 times a day and stay hydrated!
- Products with drying alcohols in the ingredients will strip and fade your tan faster