Will I turn orange?
NO! An orange tan occurs because of using an inferior (cheap) product, or because the DHA (dihydroxyacetone) in the solution is too high for your skin tone. We customize your tan based on several factors, along with proper tan preparation, to ensure you achieve an amazing glow. Our solutions used are violet based, ensuring no orange tans!
What is DHA?
DHA (dihydroxyacetone) reacts with the amino acids in the top layer of your skin. The result is a tan similar looking to the sun. The darker you tan naturally, the darker you can tan with a spray tan.
Is your DHA organic?
No, there is actually no such thing as organic DHA. The solution has EcoCert DHA; the purest form but not it is not organic. Heres a statement regarding DHA from EcoCert.
What are some of the ingredients in the solution?
The quick drying, odourless, non tacky + no orange color solution used by Liv Bella Tanning includes the purest grade of DHA (EcoCert from France) and top ingredients and botanicals such as:
- Jojoba oil – This powerful anti-aging property is non greasy and the texture is similar to the natural oil produced by the human body and can effectively act as skin moisturizer. Easily absorbed by the skin it will result in supple and soft skin
- Glycerin – Vegetable derived to aid in skin hydration
- Chamomile – Contains antioxidants that help protect the skin from free radical damage. Helps to calm and soothe the skin.
- Pure coconut oil – This is truly an amazing ingredient for maximum skin hydration. Coconut oil is often praised for its many health benefits including its healing and antibacterial properties. Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizer that is beneficial to restoring dry or flaking skin. Also helps to strengthen skin tissue more deeply and eliminate dead skin cells while absorbing quickly into your skin. Containing the antioxidant Vitamin E, known to protect skin cells from damage over time and help soothe eczema, sunburn and psoriasis.
- Moroccan Argan oil – This natural antioxidant contains exceptionally high levels of essential fatty acids, including linoleic acid (omega-6), which protect and repair the skin. These fatty acids also stimulate intracellular oxygenation, helping to restore the vital balance of water and fats in the hydro lipid film of the skin. Argan oil help to prevent the occurrence of wrinkles and stretch marks, soothes skin irritations and reduces scars.
- Caffein – Very beneficial for dehydrating fat cells. Tightens the skin making it appear smoother and firmer.
- White and Green Tea Extract – Proven as a highly effective antioxidant. Contains calming properties to sooth + nourish the skin. Also beneficial for repairing the damage of UV rays and revitalizes the skin.
- Cucumber Extract (cucumis sativus) – A wonderful antioxidant and very soothing to the skin. Cucumber also contains a number of minerals that are beneficial by aiding in the tightening of collagen. Cucumbers nourishing, astringent and hydrating properties aid in the positive skin and health-promoting benefits it provides to the skin.
- Exclusive nourishing cocktail of vitamins A,E + C for healthy skin
Do I need to do anything to prepare?
YES! Please visit the Before and After care section. The better you follow the instructions, the better your results!
How long will my tan last?
Your tan can last anywhere from 5-10 days, with 7 days being average. With proper care your tan can last up to 10 days! Moisturizer will be your BFF. Use a lotion that does not contain oil as this can affect your tan. Using moisturizers morning and night will keep your tan looking amazing, and fade evenly.
What should I wear?
During your tan you can wear what makes you feel comfortable. Depending on your tan line preferences, you can wear a bikini/bathing suit, bra & panties, topless & thong/g-string. The solution is water based so it will wash out of your clothing.
After your tan, ensure your clothing is loose and dark. NO leggings or jeans!